50 Ways To Use Scented Oils**
1) For scent-sational smelling towels, sheets, clothes etc., place a few drops of your favorite essential oil onto a small piece of terry cloth and toss into the clothes dryer while drying. Add 5 drops of essential oil to 1/4 cup fabric softener or water and place in the center cup of the wash.
2) Potpourri which has lost its scent can be revived by adding a few drops of essential oil.
3) Add a few drops of essential oil to water in a spray bottle and use as an air freshener.
4) Add a few drops of essential oil to a pan of water and simmer on stove or in potpourri pot.
5) To enjoy a scented candle, place a drop or two of essential oil into the hot melted wax as the candle burns.
6) To dispel household cooking odors, add a few drops of Clove oil to a simmering pan.
7) For tired aching muscles or arthritic aches, mix 1 part Cajeput, Sage and Basil oil to 4 parts Almond or other vegetable oil and use as a massage oil.
8) Ease headache pain by rubbing a drop of Rosemary and/or Lavender oil onto the back of your neck. Always use essential oils in a diluted form for direct skin application.
9) To blend your own massage oil, add 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil to 1 oz. Almond or other skin-nourishing vegetable oil. Don't make too much.
10) Add 10 drops of essential oil to a box of cornstarch or baking soda, mix very well, let set for a day or two and then sprinkle over the carpets in your home. Let set for an hour or more, then vacuum.
11) To make a natural flea collar, saturate a short piece of cord or soft rope with Pennyroyal or Tea Tree oil, roll up in a handkerchief and tie loosely around the animal's neck. Caution: Do not use Pennyroyal during pregnancy!
12) Smelly feet or shoes can be remedied by either dropping a few drops of Geranium essential oil directly into the shoes or by placing a cotton ball dabbed with a few drops of Lemon oil into the shoes. Athlete's foot? Tea Tree oil is great!
13) Put a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a cotton ball and place it in your vacuum cleaner bag. Lemon and Pine are nice. Rose Geranium helps with doggy odor.
14) To fragrance your kitchen cabinets and drawer, place a food scent dabbed on a cotton ball in an inconspicuous corner.
15) Are mice a problem? Place several drops of Peppermint oil on cotton balls and place them at problem locations.
16) The bathroom is easily scented by placing oil-scented cotton balls in inconspicuous places or sprinkle oils directly onto silk or died flower arrangements or wreaths.
17) Apply Lavender and Tea Tree oils blended and diluted with Almond Oil directly to cuts, scrapes or scratches. 1 or 2 drops will promote healing.
18) Homemade soaps are pleasant and offer therapeutic effects when scented with essential oils. Use Wood Spirit's Soaps which contain essential oils.
19) Homemade sachets are more fragrant when essential oils are blended with the flowers and herbs.
20) An essential oil dropped on a radiator, scent ring, light bulb or in a diffuser will not only fill the room with a wonderful fragrance, but also will set a mood such as calming or uplifting.
21) A few drops of your favorite essential oil in the rinse water of your hand-washables makes for pleasant results.
22) Anise oil has been used by fishermen for years. Use a drop or two on the finger tips and hands before baiting up. Anise covers up the human scent that scares the fish away.
23) Essential oils make wonderful perfumes. Create your own personally formulated essence! 25 drops of your favorite essential to 1 oz of perfume alcohol. Let age two weeks before using.
24) To dispel mosquitoes and other picnic or Bar-B-Q pests, drop a few drops of Citronella oil in the melted wax of a candle or place a few drops on the Bar-B-Q hot coals.
25) One drop of Lemon essential oil applied directly to a wart is an effective means of elimination. Apply the essential oil daily until the wart is gone.
26) Rosemary promotes alertness and stimulates memory. Inhale occasionally during long car trips and while reading or studying.
27) Selling your home? Fragrance sells! Fill the kitchen area with the aroma of spices such as Clove, Cinnamon and Vanilla. Simmer a few drops of the essential oils of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and other spices. Geranium oil sprinkled throughout the home creates a warm, cheerful and inviting mood. Add Cinnamon oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood.
28) Add essential oils to paper machè. The result is the creation of a lovely aromatic art piece.
29) Infuse bookmarks and stationary with essential oils. Place drops of oil on paper and put them in a plastic bag. Seal it and leave overnight to infuse the aroma. Send only good news in perfumed letters.
30) Neck pillows, padded and decorative hangers make more memorable gifts simply by putting a couple of drops of essential oil on them before giving.
31) Overindulge last night? Essential oils of Juniper, Cedarwood, Grapefruit, Lavender, Carrot, Fennel, Rosemary and Lemon help soften the effects of a hangover. Make our own blend of these oils and use a total of 6-8 drops in a bath.
32) Essential oils of Vetivert, Cypress, Cedarwood, Frankincense and Myrrh all make wonderful firewood oils. Drop approximately 2-3 drops of oil or blend of your choice on a dried log and allow time for the oil to soak in before putting the log on the fire.
33) Flies and moths dislike Lavender oil. Sprinkle it on the outside of your window frames.
34) Place 1 or 2 drops of sleep enhancing oils such as Chamomile, Lavender, Neroli, Marjoram or Hops on your pillow before retiring for restful sleep.
35) When moving into a new home, first use a water spray containing your favorite essential oils and change the odorous environment to your own. Do this for several days until it begins to feel like your space.
36) Ideal scents for the bedroom are Roman Chamomile, Geranium, Lavender or Lemon.
37) 1 drop of Lemon essential oil on a soft cloth will polish copper with gentle buffing.
38) When washing out the fridge, freezer or oven, add 1 drop of Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Mandarin or Orange essential oil to the final rinse water.
39) For burns or scalds, drop Tea Tree oil directly onto the affected area.
40) Place 1 drop of Peppermint oil in 1/2 glass of water, sip slowly to aid digestion and relieve upset stomach.
41) Use 1 drop Chamomile oil on a washcloth wrapped ice cube to relieve teething pain in children.
42) 6-8 drops of Eucalyptus oil in the bath cools the body in summer and protects it in winter.
43) Add 1 drop Geranium oil to your facial moisturizer to bring out a radiant glow in your skin.
44) Place 1 or 2 drops of Rosemary on your hair brush before brushing to promote growth and thickness.
45) When the flu is going around add a few drops of Thyme to your diffuser or simmer in a pan on the stove.
46) To bring fever down, sponge the body with cool water to which 1 drop each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender oils have been added.
47) The blend of Lavender and Grapefruit oil is good for the office. Lavender creates a calm, tranquil atmosphere while Grapefruit stimulates the senses and clears up stale air.
48) A blend of Geranium, Lavender and Bergamot alleviate anxiety and depression. Use in a room diffuser or 6-8 drops of this blend in the bath.
49) A wonderful massage blend for babies is 1 drop Roman Chamomile, 1 drop Lavender, 1 drop Geranium diluted in 2 Tablespoons of Sweet Almond oil.
50) 1 drop Peppermint oil diluted in 1 teaspoon Almond oil is rubbed on the back of the neck to relieve headaches.
*Essential herbal oils are highly concentrated and should be used with respect and extreme care. Never apply or ingest essentials oils without the guidance of a health care professional. Always be cautious when using essential oils or perfume blends. Especially near the eyes, on children and during pregnancy. Store all essential oils and perfume blends out of the reach of children. Aroma therapy is not a substitute for professional medical attention. Given the broad range of user applications, potential allergic reactions, prenatal considerations, and health conditions in general, the user of these products assumes any and all risk. MassageDepot promotes consumer's prior consultation with a holistic physician and the prior approval of a licensed medical doctor for treatment of any health problems or symptoms before using these products.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE: Massage products may contain preservatives and other additives. Consumers are required to contact the respective Manufacturer/Vendor directly with questions and/or concerns regarding ingredients, directions for use, allergy related product data, etc., BEFORE making any purchase.